Please give us as much information as you can.
Ohio PTA has launched its diversity and inclusion committee, called the Ohio PTA Mosaic Committee. The “mosaic” concept is derived from the fact that we want our PTA’s to be reflective of the communities that we serve. Rather than wanting every family to come in and just blend into our units, we want each family’s culture to be integrated into and embraced by our PTA’s. If you picture a mosaic work, each unique piece is bonded together by mortar creating a beautiful design. We want PTA to be the mortar that bonds each distinctive piece of the school community together creating a mosaic.
Our Ohio PTA Mosaic Committee is designed to:
• Help develop and expand Ohio PTA’s Diversity and Inclusion Plan
• Address challenges that PTA’s face in the areas of diversity and inclusion
• Help ensure that local PTA’s reflect the communities they serve
• Strive to insure that local PTA’s are inclusive, making each family feel invited and valued and that each family has a sense of belonging
• Solidify PTA’s position as the “Go To” organization in the area of diversity and Inclusion
• Create programs to educate leaders and members on the needs, cultural beliefs, traditions and family structures of the population they serve
• Help give insight into different cultures
• Help translate materials
If you are interested in being a part of the important work of the Ohio PTA Mosiac Committee, please complete this application.
Feel free to contact me should you have any questions.
Lisa Mack firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson, Ohio PTA Mosiac Committee
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION
Perk Points Redemption Options
Membership Perks Reward Program
PERK POINTS EARNED BY UNITS
Membership Redemption Form
Printing PTA cards
There are new instructions, plus tips, for printing PTA cards in the system. To print cards without member’s names Click Here
To print cards with member’s name Click here
PTA MORE (Men Organized to Raise Engagement) is a coalition of like-minded organizations that work to ensure greater father and male involvement in programs that support the safety, health, and academic and social development of all children. To encourage more male involvement, PTA brought together organizations dedicated to raising the level of engagement between children and the important men in their lives.
Studies show that greater involvement of men—fathers, uncles, grandfathers, non-related male role models—in the lives of children help them achieve success socially, intellectually, and academically. The quality of the interactions becomes as important as the amount of time spent with the children.
Click>> More about PTA MORE and learn about these organizations and their efforts for children.
Hispanic Heritage Month begins (Sept. 15 – Oct. 15)
Hispanic Heritage Month ends 15
National American Indian Heritage Month
Martin Luther King Jr. Day 15
Black History Month
Women’s History Month
Asian/Pacific Heritage Month